Wednesday 9 November 2011

CD cover mock up ONE

Using photoshop and the initial ideas we had about the design of our CD cover, I have created this front cover.  I have used an image taken from the internet which was appropriate to our artist and to the song that we are doing. Because the main features on other Miles Kane disc covers are usually a single person standing alone, and the idea we had was to focus on the girl in the blue dress I have chosen an image of a girl to use.

Since her dress wasn't originally blue, I copied two sets of the same image. I converted one image to black and white, before using the magnet selection tool, to select her skirt. I then used the colour replace option to change her skirt to a very deep blue. I did that to the strap of her top as well. I then reduced the opacity of the layer, and placed it above the other image, still in its original colours. I also put a darken effect on both layers, to draw the colours out further. I also used the blur tool, to lessen the edges on one of the layers, because I had to extend the size of the image, and there was a clear divide.

The text is in two fonts. 'Miles Kane' is in american typewriter, and the 'Quicksand' is in copperplate. I chose these fonts because on the other examples I researched, when looking for other Miles Kane covers, they all had very simplistic and plain fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment